When it comes to romance, Laetitia Vineyard & Winery has the wine covered. Beautifully, we might add.
From its ideal position on California’s picturesque Central Coast, Laetitia offers a wide array of wines from estate fruit that have been seducing palates for over thirty years. Whether it’s their traditionally-crafted sparkling wine or lusty Pinot Noir, Laetitia knows how to flirt. And with February 14th swiftly approaching, Laetitia Vineyard & Winery employees have weighed in on how they’re planning to woo their Valentine with a special meal paired with (what else?) Laetitia estate wine.
- Sara Nesper, Vineyard Accounting and Contracts Manager, plans to pick up a freshly-baked baguette and a wedge of Abbaye de Belloc sheep’s milk cheese to pair with the nuanced flavors and aromas of Laetitia Single Vineyard La Colline Pinot Noir.
- Vice President Vineyard Operations, Lino Bozzano, cooks up homemade chile rellenos with pasilla peppers grown in the Laetitia employee garden. After fire roasting and peeling the peppers, he stuffs sharp cheddar into each and fries them in a light batter before serving alongside the well-structured and aromatic Laetitia Whole Cluster Pinot Noir.
- Viticulturist Dave Terry goes cozy and casual with a bottle of sumptuous NADIA Trio (Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot blend) and orders a pizza.
- Randy Wilkerson, Senior Accounting Associate opts for pink bubbles – Laetitia Brut Rosé – with surf and turf, a baked potato and green beans.
- And don’t forget the chocolate! Kylie Burd, Hospitality & Vineyard Accounts Payable likes her dark chocolate fondue paired against the dark fruit and spice notes in the Laetitia Reserve du Domaine Pinot Noir.
To celebrate this Valentine’s Day in effervescent style, Laetitia is offering a three-year vertical of its popular Brut Rosé (2008, 2009 and 2011, as the Brut Rosé wasn’t made in 2010) for $76.50 plus tax ($69 for Wine Club). Visit the Laetitia Vineyard & Winery tasting room or www.LaetitiaWines.com to order.
The winery is also holding a chocolate and wine pairing on Feb 13th featuring San Luis Obispo artisan chocolatier, Mama Ganache. On Thursday, February 13, from 6 to 8 P.M., guests will taste ten chocolates made especially for pairing with Laetitia and NADIA Wines, including:
- 2010 Laetitia Brut de Blancs sparkling wine with lime truffles and Meyer lemon truffles
- 2012 NADIA Sauvignon Blanc with milk chocolate truffles and banana truffles
- 2012 Laetitia Clone 459 Pinot Noir with anise pink peppercorn truffles and cranberry vegan truffles
- 2011 NADIA Trio with cherry chipotle truffles and raspberry vegan truffles
- 2012 NADIA Orange Muscat with passion fruit caramel vegan truffles and orange carob crèmes
Tickets to this indulgent event are $25 or $20 for Wine Club members. Guests must be 21 and over. To reserve, please call 805.474.7641.